Tuesday, June 2, 2009

High flyer

I've been taking an aerial dance class. It sounded scary to my weak and non-flexible self so I skipped over the first impulse of "errr-dangerous" and ran off to marry the second impulse of "Hell to the YES!". A friend of ours, a professional hula-hooper/marine biologist, recommended it. (I do take every opportunity to describe her profession because wouldn't you?) Highly recommend this class for those who find themselves on the pathetic side of fit and physically awkward. Aerial dance will make you look and feel darn beautiful and graceful. Trust me, I can't tell left from right and walk into doorways.

The teacher's wonderful: patient, supportive, and nonjudgmental. Classes are at www.triangleyoga.org.

Chris took these pictures at the end of my sixth class. Isn't he good?



No comments: